Academics and Curriculum
At Sitamarhi Cenrtal School,Education for Life, Excellence in Education and Commitment to a meaningful Education are of prime importance. Quality education is provided to each and every child. We believes that love for education should be developed for children in the initial years and conditions should be created for them to pursue a positive approach in life.
A unidirectional teaching method is being increasingly substituted by a multidirectional group workshop method. Here the teacher becomes the group co-ordinator initiating work, nurturing students without the phobia of examinations and homework. Emphasis is on development of oral and written expression. Home assignments are not a carry-over of classwork but oriented towards honing individual talents.
Sitamarhi Central School is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), which is the largest educational board in the country and is duly recognized by the Department of Education, Government of NCT Delhi.
Pre Primary Classes
Learning at this stage is experiential, fun & activity based. The pedagogical processes followed are based on developmentally appropriate methods with multiple teaching and learning strategies. The child is the central figure and an active participant in the teaching learning process. Children enjoy the freedom to explore, express, create and interact within their environment and gain knowledge.
Children at this stage:
- identify self by specific abilities, characteristics and preferences (e.g., by gender, age, as part of a family, friends, colours, food etc.)
- develop a sense of balance and physical coordination through play.
- learn language through activities like role play, storytelling, poetry recitation, singing and reading age appropriate and level based books.
- understand to analyse their actions as right or wrong.
- learn to be friends with children from diverse backgrounds, celebrate various festivals, sing and dance together.
- learn to live in harmony with their environment, make observations, enquire and ask questions – what, how & why.
- learn to manage their feelings and emotions and learn appropriate behaviour.
Primary Classes I to V
At this stage too, the curriculum supports experiential learning, focuses on conceptual clarity by relating learning to everyday life, developing thinking and analytical skills. The curriculum also aims at nurturing the affective domain of the learners through subjects and activities which will help develop the basic life skills in the learner – self-awareness, effective communication skills and emotional strength. The pedagogy at this stage is not absolutely fixed, structured or prescribed but it is multi-dimensional and flexible, which gives the learner ample opportunities to explore and discover.
The learning areas include:
Languages (English, Hindi) – Acquire the skills of listening, speaking, reading & writing, acquire varied range of vocabulary, develop interpersonal communication skills and express meaningfully.
- Mathematics – Performing operation of numbers, understanding shapes, similarities and differences, collecting data, representing and analysing the data, identifying patterns in shapes and numbers etc.
- Environmental Science – To make them aware of their surroundings, appreciative of and sensitive of environmental issues (natural, physical, social and cultural)
- Information & Communication technology
- Visual Arts & Performing Arts
- Physical & Health Education
Life skills & Value Education
The scheme of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE), as designed and laid out by the CBSE & NCERT, is followed in the Junior School. Formal test & Exams are introduced in Class IV.